Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Little cork men



Dear lovely readers,

today I want to tell you about the little cork-men that "live" in Berlin.
The first one I stumbled over was when I waited to cross the street close to my home. I was lost in thoughts about what to cook when I reached my flat and wether I needed some ingredients when a little irregularity caught my eye.

When I crossed the street, I was able to examine it more closely, and saw it was a little figure made of bottle corks, glued to the top of a street sign. Normally, nobody looks at these signs, or if they do, they don´t really see what´s there.



I was fascinated. A little piece of art directly in front of me, and almost nobody noticed it! I felt like that little cork-man and me had a secret now, for I knew about his existence.
From that day on, everytime I come near this crossing, my eyes search for him and I smile at myself and feel like a conspirator. 

During my still ongoing discovery of new corners of my new found home town, I realized that there is a whole family of cork-men living on the signposts of Berlin.


I even have a little competition with a dutch friend of mine, and we send each other every newly shot little figure that we find. Always makes me laugh.


I will keep my eyes open and post frequently about new family members of the corks :-)

Do you have strange or beautiful pieces of Art in your city?

Let me know about your thoughts.

Have a good time,
Cheers,
Milan



No comments:

Post a Comment