Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

MeMadeMay and I

Hi folks,

so, May is almost over and I must admit, I really did wear a lot of my self-made garments, I just didn´t always have someone to make a good picture. And when I see all the other bloggers with their professional pics I feel a bit ashamed of the quality of mine (or the lack thereof).

So what, now I will post a few pics that I can stand to look at and hope you will forgive me for not showing all the crappy ones...


This is Simplicity 1653, a quite recent make. I had to take in a lot at the sideseams, since the pattern was only available in double sizes (meaning s/m m/l l/xl), but in the end, I´m content with it.



I never realized I had so much of a backside...



This is a pattern hack of a Lady Skater, I just cut the skirt pieces short and made a peplum shirt from it. The cute flowery jersey caught my eye on the Maybachufer market, my favorite source of fabric, and I took it home to rest it in my stash until this idea came along.



I like it a lot and often wear it to work.
If you should wonder about my hairstyle, I recently developed a passion for braids, since my hair is again long enough to do nice creative hairstyles with it and I discovered the amazing blog of Australian resident Christina called Hair Romance. You should give it a try if you´re interested in beautiful hair :-)

funny face inclusive
This basic shirt is made from a pattern of the finnish company Ottobre. After a critical viewing of my closet I realized I posses way too many dresses and way too less separates. This is one attempt to change that fact. Also, a very different print on the fabric than my average rather girly style and a much simpler cut. I like it :-)

I also made two Netties, since the first was such a big success, I immediately dove into my stash to dig out some more four-way-strech fabric and made a second, with a third already cut out and waiting.

Those pics are not available yet, as I didn´t want to make selfies wearing a bodysuit with a lot of that bootie showing... so you have to wait. Or maybe I should join the flickr group of Closet Case files.... 

Anyway, I´m going on a weekend trip next Friday, to explore a bit of my own country for a change, trying to couchsurf for the first time in Dresden. I really do hope the weather will stay fine and sunny like today (28 degrees, yes!) and I will shoot a few nice pics for you to see when I come back.
Until then,
C u,
MilanManyPins :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment