Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Me made may first week review...and a travel report

Hi folks,

here we go and the first six days of May have already passed me by... here are my first three pictures.

As I don´t possess enough self-made clothing (at least not for wearing with these temperatures), I will show you as many as I really wore:
this is a Burda Style Shirt with polca dots :-)
This and the shirt below are from the same pattern, Joanna 
by joulijou, an indy-pattern designer from Germany. Actually this shirt is my first make since I started sewing again :-)


I got to spend a long weekend at my old hometown known as Bielefeld, the city, that doesn´t exist!



Actually, it is an old joke made up by some students in the 90´s to make fun of some conspiracy-theories going on, but it somehow survived the decades and has even resulted in books that focus on that topic... lol.

So, for the first time in a long period I made one way by coach. I like travelling by train and would have done so this time either, but realized too late, that I needed to book in advance in order to get a decent price. So I checked the coach sites on the web and finally decided on a ticket with the BerlinLinienBus for 22€ one way.



The coach was comfy and the trip not as exhausting as I expected, I even had a chat with an elderly Lady sitting next to me, definietely do it again.

When I arrived, temperatures had dramatically dropped by about ten degrees, so I shivered a bit in my leather jacket... but got some warm jumper courtesy of my best friend Christian, once I arrived at his place :-)

I spent some nice days in Bielefeld, though the weather did it´s best to dampen my mood, and I shot some nice pics for you. 
Impressive, ain´t it?

Should you ever come to the area, don´t leave it out, it´s a nice and rather quiet town, lots of bars and restaurants, a beautiful old town and small expensive shops mixed with galleries and art shops. Of course there are the ugly parts of town with dirt and rotten places, but you really have to look for them.

So here come a few shots made in the old town and I hope you like them. :-)





I´ll be back with more pictures from my latest makes, til then, stay safe.

Cheers,
Milan


No comments:

Post a Comment