Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A little Lady in Red :-)



Hi folks,

it´s been a while since my last post, but I haven´t been lazy at all, just a bit more occupied than I thought I would be, but in a good way.

I attended a bloggermeeting in Berlin with lots of lovely Ladies doing a fantastic job in the blogging community and it was so nice to get to see the faces behind those inspiring blogs.

We´ve sewn a lot, too, but unfortunately I didn´t finish my coat (my very first attempt on making something more complicated than a dress), so I cannot present it here now. As soon as it´s wearable, you will be seeing it here of course :-)

In the meantime, I whipped up a Lady Skater dress, as I am probably the last sewer who hasn´t got one in their closet already. I made a first version as a wearable muslin, and it came out so easily and fitting without any alterations that I made another one in my favorite color: red.

please ignore the white legs, it´s still not warm enough to go without tights...


I made the version with a half-sleeve and omitted the cuffs, and I think it is just perfect for the weather we have here at the moment (still chilly in the morning but nice by midday).
 
 
 
So, this is a lovely addition to my wardrobe that will be worn many many times. I´m glad I made it before I´m going to tackle more difficult patterns in the very near future, sometimes a girl just needs something beautiful for herself, even if it wasn´t technically necessary.
 
This one is made from only slightly strechy Viscose-Polyblendjersey from my local market, which was a dream to cut and sew.
 
How do you handle the topic of sewing economically? Do you prefer to only sew what you´re in need of or do you sometimes just make something especially for you without a thought on necessity?
 
I certainly am more aware of the ways of the clothing industry and it´s imfluence on prices and styles since I started sewing; I aim to avoid bying clothes as much as possible and attempt on replacing all the clothes in my wardrobe by handmade stuff.
 
You are invited as usual, to tell me your point of view on this topic.
 
Until next time,
happy sewing
 
cheers, Milan


No comments:

Post a Comment