Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Umbrella-Easter-Cambie



Hi dears,

I´m back to present my latest make to you: my Umbrella-Easter-Cambie.

I found the fabric at my local outdoor market and couldn´t walk away without buying two metres of it. It is a quitlting cotton that is a little crisp, so I chose to make version A of the dress, a fitted bocide with an A-line skirt and pockets.

Since the design of the fabric is so lively, I decided to use babyblue piping at the sweetheart neckline, waist and pockets, to break up the pattern of the fabric and just because I simply love piping :-)



As I seem to be always a little behind the hype, I can take advantage of all the skilled Ladies in the blogworld, who have sewn this pattern before me, and learn good tips and easy finishings from them. As happened with the brilliant tutorial by Tasia from Sewaholic herself, when it was time to attach the lining to the fashion fabric.



But first things first. I made a size 6 after taking a look at the finished garment measurements on the back of the pattern envelope and made a small-bust-adjustment as usual, making the darts smaller and taking in the sideseams to match up the waistline. To ensure everything fitted as it should, I whipped up a toile of the bodice including the zipper. I hate upicking seams and even more when the whole thing doesn´t fit after all the work that has gone into it! As I´m a very impatient person, sewing taught me to take it slow in order to get a good result. One never stops learning....

It came together within a few quick hours and was finished to my astonishment in one evening. 

I wore it during my Easter-visit to my parents and earned many a compliment from my envious sister and my parents´neighbours ;-)




Thanks for stopping by and if you have any comments, tips or ideas for futher makes or anything else, feel free to leave a comment. 

Cheers,
Milan


No comments:

Post a Comment