Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Cabrio-Cambie



Hi peeps,

here it comes, my red Cabrio-Cambie!


I call it Cabrio-Cambie because when I wear it, I feel like I should be driving a Cabrio on a street in Cornwall or maybe in Tuscany, one has to stay flexible ;-)



Ever since I made my first Cambie I wanted to have a red one in Version B, with the wide skirt.
The fabric I had in mind is a batiste cotton with embroidery in the same color from my stash, bought some months ago at my local open-air market here in Berlin.



I made a size 6, just like the first version, including all the adjustments for a small bust I already made. 
Plus I swapped the sweetheart nickline for the straight one, after I read Tasia´s post on this change of style. 




I am really happy with the outcome and will wear it to my nephew´s confirmation next Sunday.



Spring is in full effect here in Berlin at the moment, lilacs are in bloom and everything prospers. The sun starts to get warmer and it is time to let my white legs peep out from under my skirts to get some fresh air and a light tan (although I tend to go red rather than bronze...). 
What is it like in your part of the world?

I finally decided to make a not-so-rock-hard itinerary for my Australia trip in September/October and booked some domestic fligths to meet up with all my friends in the different cities and coasts. There will be some more posts on this topic as there are still 121 days to count down, just wanted to share some of my exitement...

Maybe it is time to think about what clothes I might need in Oz and how I could integrate them into my pledge for the Memademay

There is so much to do, so I´ll get started and will get back to you later.
Have a great day and love what you sew.
:-)
Milan

No comments:

Post a Comment